Draft your assignments in Word, Pages, or some other word processing program for safe keeping. Then login to the course website, create a new post, copy your work into it (click on the clipboard icon with a “T” on it to paste in text without glitchy formatting), and save it as a draft. Add a Featured Image if you want use one to attract readers to your post. Add Media if you need images, video, or audio to communicate your argument most effectively. Check the appropriate categories and Publish it when you are ready for others to read and comment on your work.
All posts should include these 3 necessary elements:
- categories: [your name], [assignment category];
- works cited, and
- honor code pledge.
Click “Update” to save changes.
If you prefer to publish your work on your own domain (or some other platform) and display it on our site, you can create a “window” to your work by using the short code for an i-frame. Here are the steps:
- Log into our course site.
- Add a new post.
- Switch from Visual to Text mode (tab on top right of formatting toolbar).
- Paste this short code into the text box and copy your URL in between the quotation marks: <iframe style=”border: 0px;” src=”http://www.theCompleteURLforYourWork.com” width=”500″ height=”500″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>
- Note: you can play with the dimensions of the window. Save your post and preview it to make sure it looks the way you want it to.
- Switch back to Visual mode to add your works cited (if not visible through iframe), featured post, excerpts, and categories.
- Save, publish, proof, edit, save publish.
Questions? Use our class email: WRI101H_F201501@davidson.edu
Discoveries? Create a new post telling us about it and check the categories: Tips, [your name].